Download Episode Here – right click link and select Save link as…
PHQ | QUESTIONS FROM COMMUNITY: In this episode Joel and Antonia answer a question from a listener about how INTJs can deal with xxFP types (ENFP, INFP, ESFP, ISFP).
In This Podcast You’ll Find:
- FP = Feeler Perceivers (INFP, ENFP, ESFP, ISFP)
- No two FPs are alike. They will show up in a way that is most authentic to them.
- INTJs need to remember to communicate their structural needs in a clear way.
- INTJs can feel vulnerable when things are chaotic.
- “Hey. I organize my life this way. It probably seems uptight to you, but it helps me to be happier and more present. I can connect better if my world is organized. I know that is not how you show up to the world. I know you like spontaneity, but for me, organization helps me connect more and be a better friend and lover for you.”
- Introverted Feeling (Fi) is part of an INTJs conscious awareness, although less sophisticated.
- If an INTJ has a lot of relationships with people who use Fi as a strength, the INTJ will find themselves playing in the sandbox with Fi.
- This puts the INTJ in a defensive position (i.e. pride, hurt feelings, etc.).
- If the INTJ gets pulled into a conversation about feelings, the INTJ is going to feel at a loss. You are on their turf.
- Keep bringing the conversation back to your strengths whenever possible – Extraverted Thinking (Te).
- When INTJ gets into their copilot, they create a container that feels very protective.
- Fi loves to feel protected. It rests into it. It wants validation. It gets wound up when it doesn’t feel validated.
- Once you give validation to a Fi user they calm way down because they feel understood.
- What strategies does a Thinker need to know to validate a Fi user?
- Immature Fi can sometimes attempt to create an emotion in someone who isn’t mirroring their own emotions enough.
- Sometimes a Fi user can’t even identify why they feel strongly about something.
- A dispassionate response to a Feelers emotions is not going to be validating.
- Ask a follow-up question: Why do you feel that way? What is going on for you? Do you feel this way or that?
- Help them co-create an answer for them to explore what is going on for them.
- Sometimes it can be validating to a Fi user to trust their hunches.
- It puts pressure on INTJs to keep coming to FP, but that is sometimes the reality.
- Just make sure you aren’t doing all the work and sacrifice. FPs should be doing the same for you when you need them to.
- INTJs growth point is to be surrounded by order, not messiness. Too much chaos is exhausting because Te fights to create order.
- Ask yourself what generates a sustainable system.
- A system has a bunch of nodes in it; like the relationship, the actual order/disorder, how each person responds to the environment and each other, and what the initial conditions are? Do the initial conditions encourage or discourage order?
- Create a system that creates the order you want.
- Disney World realizes that having a garbage can every 20 feet is likely to keep people from throwing trash on the ground.
- You can create a sustainable system that produces the behavior you want.
- Make it as easy as possible to maintain the order you want, while not compromising the relationship.
- Think in terms of not just enforcing order, but creating an environment that is sustainable.
- Create emotional and physical containers.
- Feel free to outsource to get the help you need.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…