Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this podcast Joel and Antonia talk about Enneagram Personality Types.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- This podcast episode talks about the Enneagram personality typology with Ms. Kelly Crowther, as a special guest.
- The Enneagram is deeper and more into the emotional realm, it’s a blueprint in the fundamental strategy. It can open the doors to getting yourself ready to transcend your personality or making relationships better.
- Ennea – means ‘nine’ in Greek. Gram – denotes its symbol – a circle with a three-pointed triangle. There are 9 personality types, each one is striving to be something different.
- Striving for Perfection. Lower form – can be a perfectionists. Higher form – achieves serenity and balance.
- Striving to have Emotional connections. Lower form – tends to give in order to get. Higher form – giving is very generous.
- Striving to be Outstanding. Lower form – tend to be very much conscious of their image and how people are reflecting it back to them. Higher form – looking for achievement and more credentials in order to feel worthy to others in the world.
- Striving to find a unique identity in the world. Lower form – they keep themselves separate. Higher form – they understand the human drama and they can be non-judgmental. They can generally accept at wherever you are in your personal space.
- Striving to be detached or non-attached. Lower form – Antisocial. They hide away and very protective of their own energy because they feel that they want to keep it for themselves. Higher form – can be great objective reflections of the world, they can get to truth easily.
- Looking for Security in the world. Lower form – Experiences paranoia in the world. Higher form – stepping into the role of leadership
- Looking for Freedom and Excitement. Lower form – tends to stay away from their problems. High – experiences an expression of pure joy.
- Looking for Power. Lower form – tends to abuse power. Higher form – executes the right amount and type of power to get the best results.
- Looking for Peace. Lower form -they absorb and reflect back all of the other types and that can look like laziness. Higher form – can look at all sides and mediate different aspects.
- Each of these types can get a little bit corrupted as they continue to strive. It colors their behavior and that’s where it can start to become a strategy.
- The theory is that we’re all of the Enneagram types and there’s a part of each one in us.
- You need to analyze and look where it goes and where your tendency is on your flow state.
- Pema Chodron talks about Shenpa and it’s when you catch yourself in the act of getting hooked.
- What is the major advantage to seeking more information on the Enneagram? Most of us don’t operate on our higher levels.
- Our Enneagram type defines as to where we get hooked, what and why it’s triggering us.
- Knowing your Enneagram type will help you make a better version of yourself.
- Helpful for us to analyze and make better decisions.
Things we reference in this podcast:
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…