Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia talk about using personality types in business, hiring and designing your career.
In this podcast on using personality types in business you’ll find:
- This podcast episode talks about where and when it is appropriate to use personality types in business.
- One of the best things in understanding personality psychology is that it showcases the personality type of the business owner or the person/department who does the hiring. If they are not careful, they will keep on hiring people like them. The implementation of personality types can point out creating a team of people who have the same blind spot.
- Personality psychology help employees understand each other. Once an employee understands himself, he unconsciously gives permission to the other team members.
- Being able to incorporate this in your business allows you to start thinking in terms of your customer and not just your team. You are also able to relate with people better and create strategies on how to position yourself in your career in alignment of your personality type.
- Understanding how to figure out what somebody else’s personality type is allows you to figure out all the existing blind spots and shed a light as to why you’re having trouble communicating with your team or manager. It lets you identify how you can effectively communicate with the person you want to talk to.
- Personality types in business can be very good to place/assign the right people on the right role. It’s basically a matter of matching people with their natural flow state.
- When you know personality psychology, you will know how to work with their energy which will result in an ergonomic job fit. Using personality assessments in hiring can be rely great in getting the right fit on behalf of the person who’s getting the position.
- 2 methods of profiling
- Active Profiling – Process of asking employees a series of questions that help identify their personality type.
- Passive Profiling – Observing someone’s behavior and determining their personality type from a distance.
- Understanding where you can fit and lead in the industry will help you create great things.
- If you don’t understand how personality psychology works, then you can be discriminatory against people because you see some qualities on them that may or may not be accurate.
- In relationships, your personality types are not as important as shared interests and values.
- If you’re looking for someone who’s going to be a great fit for the company, their values, characteristics and interests should be considered as well.
- Make sure that you are assessing the person holistically and not just a 4-letter code.
- There are a lot of benefits in knowing and understanding personal psychology in a business context as long as you recognize that your level of education on the topic is relevant.
- You want to make sure that you know and understand what you’re taking about.
- Don’t over-rely on information that you have superficial understanding with, do a deep dive and understand the content before implementing these strategies.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…