Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia talk about personality types and relationships.
In this podcast on personality types and relationships you’ll find:
- Personality types and personal psychology in relationships can be a very powerful tool in communication.
- When we learn about personality types, it gives us the language to describe how we work and operate. You come to realize that you are not alone and that there are other people out there who thinks the way you think.
- The moment you have this realization that not everyone sees you the same way other people do, you realize that other people are just being themselves naturally and that there’s nothing wrong with you.
- The way we learn new information impacts all of our experience and how people respond to us.
- Are you in a relationship with someone who wants to turn you like themselves?
- Pygmalion Project – when we are attracted to somebody who is completely the opposite of us and we start to craft or turn them like us. In Greek mythology, Pygmalion was a sculptor who fell in love with a statue he had carved.
- Stereotypes have a basis of truth. If you’re somebody that doesn’t fit the stereotype, there are many ways and things you can do to sort things through your personality type.
- Based on the population breakdown of the Myers Brigs, majority of females have the ISFJ personality type.
- Personality psychology can give you a whole new perspective of how you think and how the people you are in a relationship with thinks. Moreover, it helps you identify the similarities and differences and how you can communicate with them where you’re at.
- If you are using Personality Types and Relationships to put people in a box where it dictates what and how should they behave, you’re using it the wrong way.
- An intuitive is somebody who is interacting with the world using unconscious pattern recognition. Sensors are more interested on reliable and verifiable information. So they’re using their senses to tell them through direct experience what’s going on around them.
- In any type of relationships, no matter how you give each other space and permission, issues still emerge.
- There is a certain demographic that says sensors should never be in a relationship with Intuitives and vice versa (sensors should be staying with sensors and Intuitives should be staying with Intuitives). Although this is true in the context of compatibility and that more struggles and issues may occur, it’s just a matter of making sure that you’re not using a solution that is gross over-simplified. Doing this creates a rule that ceases you to be happy.
- If you oversimplify and become dependent on the rules you created, you’re not going to lead to best relationship possible. However, if you use Personality Types and Relationships to help understand what the other person is going through, you are able to:
- Find a compatible person for you because you understand where they are coming from.
- When issues occur, you can utilize your understanding of the other person to meet them where they’re at.
Things we reference in this podcast:
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…