Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia talk about transitions when you are on your personal development journey.
In this podcast on growth and transitions you’ll find:
- Transition usually comes from the pain that forces you to make a change.
- When people are stuck at a particular development level, they question themselves “How do I transition to the life that I want to be living?”
- Transition is often destructive and causes pain. There is letting go of old skills and knowledge learned no matter how hard you put up with it to give way to learn new things.
- In the old world, a level of safety and security has been established but during transition we are entering a world of complete unknown as we free float to the next level.
- This becomes a less frightening experience once you trust yourself and the process. Let go and be open to being suspended. Have faith that everything’s going to be alright. Soon enough you will land into something unexpected and awesome.
- There are two parts of transition:
- The Level of awareness that transition is needed
- The Decision Point
- There is a lot to give up during transition. Most importantly, identity is lost. We have already been defined by our old life and letting go of that leads to not knowing ourselves anymore. It gives a feeling of death to one’s self. There is ego death.
- As we let go, we destroy and recreate that old identity, we become a new version of ourselves. Still the same creature but not the same incarnation.
- People usually see life in two ways:
- Life as a problem to solve
- Life as a game to be optimized
- People who see life as a game to be optimized are more comfortable and are willing to let go which makes transition easier.
- Build a certain amount of skills and carry it with you to help you through a new transition.
- Find something or someone that brings you comfort and faith that everything will be alright but remember that you’re the only one that can make that choice to enter transition.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…