Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about how to figure out your personality when it seems like you are testing out as different types.
If you want support in figuring out your best fit type – we have professional profilers that can work with you to discover how your mind is wired.
Find out more about Personality Type Consultations here.
In this podcast on how to figure out your personality you’ll find:
- If you are getting different results from other personality testing sites, how can you figure out your personality type?
- Oftentimes, when you answer some of the questions, neither of them feels good or right for you so you end up with a different personality type.
- We want you to know for sure type. Especially when you have had more than 3 types.
- You can go look for professionals like Personality Hacker who can guide you in unveiling your personality type.
- The vast majority of people are not difficult to type but there are 2 groups of people who are challenging to evaluate:
- Underdeveloped individuals – people who have personality disorders
- Extremely developed individuals – people who have been working hard on themselves and are very balanced.
- There are couple of principles to remember and very important to establish in the self-typing to process.
- Everybody is unique. There are 7 billion people in the planet so expect a lot of difference and variation. So when you’re looking at information about your personality type, you need to look at more factors and examples.
- Personality Typology is a Powerful Tool. It’s important to remember that most of the real value of the system is located somewhere deep and complex. Understanding the complex contexts allows you to understand yourself in a deeper level. There’s so much more information, you need to get to the deeper principles before you can unravel your type.
- Once you know your personality type, that’s the starting point to get more answers about who you are as a person. It’s a code that lets you know how your mind learns and absorbs information.
- It’s not about the behaviour, it’s more about how your mind works. When two people behave in a similar fashion, it does not mean that they have the same personality type.
- Behaviour emerges from a personality. If you see someone who behaves like you do, it doesn’t mean that you have the same personality.
- There’s going to be someone or anyone who will say that they are the one who can give you the answers and key to your personality.
- So what are you going to do if you got more than 1 results (Myers Briggs)? How can you figure out your personality type?
- Look for patterns. Figure out what you’re consistently testing out and narrow down your results.
- Discover and learn more. Read profiles from various online sources and assess which one resonates the most with you. Once you’ve narrowed down in about 2, do further research. One type should surface and will resonate with you the most.
- You know yourself better than anyone else.
- You will know (as soon as it happens) when you get your best fit type so read a lot of descriptions, keep on reading until you run into one that is the best description of yourself.
- The point of personality types is to guide you in the good direction. When you run into the right profile, you will notice that they are quite unique – it’s like finding the right coach. If Myers Briggs doesn’t work you, look for a different model.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…