Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia interview Sir John Hargrave about his new book Mind Hacking.
In this podcast on Mind Hacking you’ll find:
- Sir John Hargrave’s book teaches us how we can easily alter our personality.
- What is mind hacking? The basic concept is that our brains can be reprogrammed. You don’t have to believe everything your mind is telling you.
- With a few re-programming techniques, you can really change the way you think. Mind hacking is a collection of methods and systems that you can do to effectively manage and take control of your lives. For example, when you’re stuck in a heavy traffic, you can train your mind to take advantage of the situation and do something productive.
- We’re now at a point where we have a common understanding of the realm of computers. Understanding that there’s a second reality that’s not a physical reality is very similar to our minds. Here we can understand the abstract component of our minds – it may not be physical but its functions are more real.
- Sir John Hargrave’s Mind Hacking process:
- Becoming aware of the mind. There’s a component called “you”. You could see that you’re not your mind, you’re separate from it. However, implementing the awareness on a daily basis is the challenging part and there are tools and techniques to help everyone with the process.
- Debugging the mind.
- Picture a programmer who analyzes software bugs and tries to find the problem code and finally reprogramming those with the right (positive) code. The same idea applies to mind hacking. Ask yourself, “what is it that I want?”, “What are the goals and dreams that I’d like to accomplish?” and then rooting it in your minds so eventually they will show up or emanate in your reality. When you ask people what they want in life, they give vague ideas – something that’s not really what they want.
- In this step, you’ll be able to program your brain to frame your internal dialogue to head to the positive direction you want. You can also become better person with Imagination. One example is the funeral speech – What is it that you want to be remembered for? You can come up with a word like “love”, “education” and you reflect on what your life goals should be.
- Reprogramming. Simulation is also important in imagination. When you try to simulate inside your head the things that you want to or accomplish, there’s a higher chance of success. Simulation rather than visualization has shown to produce great results.
- Picturing yourself in the 3rd person instead of the 1st person produces better results and change.
- If you run simulations that include challenges gives you more confidence. Keep the simulation loose.
- 5 Whys is a hack that helps you get into the very bottom of the problem thought.
- The Reality Distortion Field. The late Steve Jobs has this sense of anything being possible it was almost like a force field that impacted many people.
- We all have within us, the power to create our own reality distortion fields. So if we want to achieve something and we believe in it so strongly, you will eventually achieve it overtime, you will tend to become the person who you want to be.
Order Sir John Hargrave’s book Mind Hacking:
If you just can’t wait to read it, here’s the link to the free digital download: www.mindhacki.ng
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…