Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about how to manage your energy levels when doing intense identity level personal transformation work.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Personal growth is about metamorphosis and transition.
- Metamorphosis takes a lot of time and energy.
- Betsy Garmon Journaling Technique
- Personal Development can look so designer, but it is hard work.
- Identity level growth burns way more energy than standard everyday growth.
- Some deeper growth may pull you away from your life for a time.
- Identity level growth challenges who you are.
- Once the caterpillar enters the cocoon and starts changing, it can’t stop the process.
- You have to be willing to follow through no matter the results.
- Rewards can be murky. Results can be painful.
- You aren’t changing who you are. You are finding who you were.
- You are finding the original new, not a new you.
- The original you may have never wanted the choices your ego made.
- It can be expensive.
- “If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.”
- Be honest about why you are starting a personal growth journey.
- Practical ideas for growth work:
- 1-Get clear on what it is you want to transform.
- You don’t always have a clear picture of what the other side is going to look like.
- Don’t get too specific about the results.
- Questions are more important than answers.
- 2-Set expectations and boundaries for yourself or others that may be impacted by the work.
- Don’t be too specific about what you won’t be doing. You have no idea how things will turn out.
- Give yourself enough space to explore what needs to be explored.
- 3-Timelines: schedule regular time to do transformational work.
- Be proactive. Schedule a retreat or seminar.
- Get a friend to hold you accountable.
- First schedule your R&R. Increase the quality of your rest.
- High-quality alone time.
- Take care of yourself physically with enough rest and nutritious food.
- Create a touchpoint to record your personal growth experience.
- Ask people you trust for feedback.
- There needs to be an integration process.
- A rest period to allow your identity to recover.
- Ask yourself: “What does this mean?”
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…