Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about the stages of food in our lives as humans and how each stage is an opportunity for personal growth.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Joel explains how a recent encounter with a bag of Doritos sparked the conversation for this week’s episode.
- Joel talks about his overall relationship with food and his thoughts on the importance of personal choice.
- A brief overview of the history of food within the USA.
- Joel and Antonia introduce their ideas about the 5 phases of our relationship with food throughout our lives.
- Phase 1 – about the relationship children have with flavor intensity and sweetness.
- Joel and Antonia share their childhood experiences.
- How our relationship to food shapes our wiring from a young age.
- Phase 2 – the relationship between fast food and the growing independence of teenagers and young adults.
- What makes you compromise on flavor at this stage?
- Phase 3 – developing more sophisticated taste and learning to cook at home.
- The power of cultural thinking at this stage
- How the need for efficiencies can make us compromise on nutrition during this phase.
- Phase 4 – when the pendulum swings towards nutrition.
- What happens during the previous phases to propel us into this phase?
- How militant thinking and obsession over nutrition can develop.
- Phase 5 – achieving satisfaction and balance.
- The point when you realise perfection is unsustainable
- The importance of pleasure
- Linking the cost of food and medical bills.
- Touching on the broader societal factors linked to food.
- Why have Joel and Antonia chosen to record a podcast about food? Some final thoughts on the thinking behind this episode.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…