Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about what it means to “make peace” with our personality type.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Tertiary Si (used by INPs) can struggle with fatalism sometimes.
- Don’t give yourself too much permission to be a certain way.
- Whenever we learn something powerful, there is a fine line to walk that keeps us from overvaluing or undervaluing the system.
- Don’t let your type’s weaknesses get you down, and don’t let them become your excuse to misbehave.
- Your type isn’t who you are, and it doesn’t define you.
- Your type is a tool that will help you understand yourself a bit better.
- Have one degree of separation from your type.
- It isn’t the only thing that makes you who you are.
- Sometimes the things we aren’t good at aren’t interesting to us anyway.
- Seeing limitations in the system is overvaluing it.
- We all have limitations. It’s the cost of specialization.
- You can’t be as good with your inferior function as you are with your dominant. That’s a fact.
- Typology is useful for showing why you may have your struggles.
- INTPs inferior function is Extraverted Feeling, which is about social engagement.
- This can feel like the worst inferior function of all, but INTPs can still have close relationships with people.
- Most ITPs are happy to lead with Introverted Thinking because clear thinking is a big priority for them.
- ITPs may not feel extrinsically rewarded by the world for their clear thinking, but they are intrinsically rewarded for it.
- “The map is not the territory.”
- It’s a map to yourself, but it isn’t who you are.
- We are always putting our best foot forward because of social media, so it can be depressing when we realize assimilation isn’t as easy as we hoped.
- The cost of specialization vs. generalization
- There is a difference in how different cultures experience mental health.
- Here in the USA, we are heavy-handed with mental health diagnostics.
- Everyone is a narcissist or autistic.
- People today believe they are supposed to be all things to all people.
- Nobody wants to have anything wrong with them.
- A steady diet of superhero movies makes us feel inferior if we don’t excel at everything.
- Media is pandering to women today.
- It’s like a woman can only be empowered if she is surrounded by idiots.
- Women aren’t allowed to have flaws and weaknesses.
- It is insulting to believe women should identify with the superhuman characters the media is selling us.
- Our characters become better over time as we work through our flaws.
- None of us start out amazing.
- “If we aren’t perfect, we are bad examples of our demographic.”
- “If you have weaknesses, we’re going to diagnose you with a mental disorder.”
- The people who foster these ideas are in the same situation we are.
- They are afraid of being seen as flawed.
- The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker
- “Effective people don’t focus on their weaknesses as much as they focus on their strengths.”
- We tend to put 80% focus on the things we don’t do well and 20% on the things we do well.
- We need to reverse those. Focus on your strengths.
- If an INTP gets good at calling truth, they may get called on it, but some people will respect the truth.
- The policemen of society are FJs.
- Extraverted Feeling are masters of unspoken social contracts.
- They are the stewards of culture.
- Extraverted Feeling (Fe) is the polarity of Introverted Thinking, so most FJs like Accuracy when it is done well.
- What Fe doesn’t like is cruelty without nobility.
- Truth is necessary to create a connection, which Fe likes.
- A little cruelty can be a kindness.
- Introverted Thinking without Extraverted Feeling can be monstrous.
- We are part of an ecosystem.
- No one can be everything to everyone.
- Sometimes we will make mistakes. Accept those parts of who you are.
- Become world-class at the things you do well.
- Gifts Differing by Isabel Briggs Myers
- Type Patriotism – your type is the best
- It’s healthy to have some type patriotism.
- Get to a place where you are happy to be yourself
- Show up with your strengths, and people will forgive your weaknesses.
- If you are in an environment where you are punished for not being perfect, get out.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…