Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia walk through the tension between personal responsibility and external burden as it relates to our personality.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- When everyday responsibilities become a burden – an example from Joel
- What’s the difference between something being a responsibility and a burden?
- A biblical take on this theme
- How responsibilities can become burdens
- How does personality type play into the context of responsibility versus burdens?
- The idea of responsibility and burden as two opposite ends of a continuum
- How do you strike the right balance between the two?
- Looking at burdens and responsibilities through the lens of each Myers-Briggs® dichotomy.
- Revisiting the four dichotomies:
- Introvert or Extravert
- Introverts – the inner world is the real world
- Extraverts – the outer world is the real world
- Sensor or iNtuitive
- Sensors – value past precedent or the here and now
- iNtuitives – value imagination and abstraction
- Thinker or Feeler
- Thinkers – use more impersonal criteria to make decisions
- Feelers – use more personal, feeling criteria to make decisions
- Judger or Perceiver
- Judgers – prefer outerworld organization and inner world freedom
- Perceivers – prefer to organize their inner world and have freedom in the outerworld
- The responsibilities and burdens of each dichotomy:
- Introverts and Extraverts:
- The responsibility we all have to manage an open channel to the outerworld and introspect through our innerworld
- Calibrating feedback as an introvert – and a note on the “Introvert movement”
- Getting in touch with your inner truths as an extravert
- How both types can access help with the burden of trauma
- Sensors and iNtuitives:
- When anxiety (fear of the future) becomes a burden for a sensor
- How to get help managing the burden of uncertainty
- How can over relying on systems to handle real world issues become a burden for iNtuitives?
- The struggle of learning to ask for help as an iNtuitive
- The three main reasons we experience burdens and their root causes.
- How can we overcome each of these?
- Thinkers and Feelers:
- Thinkers and their need to deal with emotions
- Feelers and their need for intellectual honesty
- The burdens of trauma for both Thinkers and Feelers
- Judgers and Perceivers:
- The outerworld is the Judger’s realm – how can this create burdens for both types?
- Why Perceivers need to accommodate the world and Judgers need to be flexible with systems
- How you can leverage “accountability” as a perceiver
- How can you apply this model to your life?
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…