Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about how we can manage life changes during a disruptive event like the current global pandemic.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- NLP: Pattern interrupt
- We are experiencing a considerable pattern interrupt right now
- It’s shifting people – inside and out
- How do we make changes in this pressure-cooker environment?
- “The macro mirrors the micro, and the micro mirrors the macro.”
- The changes in entire societies can mirror what is happening to the individual, and vice versa.
- Electing a narcissistic leader shouldn’t be surprising in a narcissistic society.
- Pattern interrupts cause us to stop and pay attention to what is happening on autopilot.
- The universe throws us these pattern interrupts all the time.
- Stuff is bubbling to the surface in people’s lives right now.
- “What actually matters to me?”
- Pattern interrupts change how you see things.
- The pandemic is interrupting our external systems, which forces us to analyze our internal systems.
- If you haven’t looked at the programming of your GPS in awhile, this can be very destabilizing.
- Once you start cutting out noise, other signals begin to get in.
- If your go-to distraction is no longer available to you, the thoughts you’ve been avoiding will start to get through.
- People are making major life choices right now in a time when it seems like the worst possible time.
- People are getting their fill of distractions.
- Action follows significant changes.
- It’s easy to quit your job when everyone is out of work because there is no requirement of action in a quarantine.
- Or maybe the quarantine is giving us our space to think through the decisions we need to make.
- “No matter what happens, it is to my benefit.”
- Sometimes we don’t see the benefit of a situation until long afterward.
- This situation is pretty horrifying, but it can be to our benefit.
- Less anxiety. More grace. More space.
- Make peace with the changes.
- Self-care isn’t always a glass of wine with a bubble bath.
- Self-nourishment implies more depth.
- It’s our responsibility to own our triggers.
- Be responsible for your emotions.
- Don’t hand yourself over to your triggers.
- Your emotions aren’t the only show in town.
- 20 tokens per week. Each token represents 30 minutes on a device.
- They can’t be hoarded.
- No more than 2 hours on a weekday and 4 hours on weekends.
- They can turn in the tokens for money at the end of the week.
- This is happening for us, not to us.
- “If it’s to be, it’s up to me.”
- It’s time to be an adult.
- You are the decision point in your life.
- It is seductive to believe somebody else has got this.
- YOU are the person who has this. YOU overcome the obstacles.
- This is the basis for self-esteem.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…