Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about using a system thinking approach to create joyfulness in your life.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- What does joyfulness look like when we are a child and as we develop through life?
- Happiness coming from “within” and “without”.
- The idea of joy as an emergent of a system – and seeing it as something we need to build skill around.
- How do we build a system where the “internal” and “external” work together to create joy as often as possible?
- Viewing this as a more empowering framework
- The maturity and skill development levels of creating joy:
- Reactiveness – why do we trust our reactive emotions?
- Responsiveness – developing the skill to pause before responding
- Proactiveness – displaying the emotion you want to feel – and why this is difficult
- Tony Robbins’ “empowering and disempowering rules” – how this fits into creating joy.
- Reaching a place of curiosity – how this can be empowering and differs from other emotions
- The importance of proactivity and “end game”
- Pre-determining thinking and feeling
- How could thinkers and feelers experience this differently?
- Approaching a situation with an emotional or thought framework
- Some thoughts and an example of pre-programming joy
- How does an ability to be present affect joy?
- Why simply being “blissed out” isn’t building skill development around joy.
- Outrage culture and how this can detract from reaching a more empowered state.
- What skills do we need to build in the outer world in order to have joyfulness?
- The role of “purpose”
- Choosing “acting” over “articulating”
- Why having a goal makes you build skills
- Merging with something outside of ourselves to achieve a transcendent frame – in The Righteous Mind Jonathan Height talks about how there is 10% of us that craves something bigger.
- We all unconsciously decide what we’re going to feel before we feel it.
- Exception thinking and “the disempowering rule” when it comes to joy.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…