Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about the reasons you may struggle with finding your best fit personality type.
If you want support in figuring out your best fit type – we have professional profilers that can work with you to discover how your mind is wired.
Find out more about Personality Type Consultations here.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Why people end up struggling to figure out their type, sometimes for years.
- Struggling to determine your type vs being mistyped.
- Discuss possible reasons someone may struggle to land on a best fit type.
- #1 Reason: Partial or Incomplete understanding of the system.
- We all have all parts, but which one supports the other.
- Early Attachment without re-evaluation as you gained more knowledge.
- Common type biases in typology communities.
- A question to ask yourself around attachment.
- #2 Reason: Elements of the system that can complicate the typing process.
- The presence of Authenticity (Introverted Feeling).
- The presence of Perspectives (Introverted Intuition).
- When an entire polarity ‘looks like’ another function.
- Solution: the strategy of ‘low-hanging’ fruits.
- #3 Reason: Oversimplifying prototypes in your life.
- “I am not anything like …”
- “That type is so cool!”
- #4 Reason: Over-importance of identifying your best-fit type.
- 2 patterns of why your brain may be resisting finding clarity on your best-fit type.
- What to do about them.
- #5 Reason: Cultural and Social Expectations.
- Where do you end and others begin?
- Suggested practice: creating a family tree (can apply to congregation, institution, demographic).
- #6 Reason: Levels of Growth.
- Map your developmental narrative against potential best-fit types.
- Example: the growth narrative of INxPs vs INxJs.
- Hang in there… and why this struggle can be a powerful thing.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…