Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk with guest Michael F. Schein about his new book “The Hype Handbook” and the usefulness of hype to create change in the world.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Michael F. Schein, author of The Hype Handbook, shares some wisdom from his book.
- Why Joel, as an ENFP, resonates so strongly with the concept of hype.
- Why Michael felt it was imperative to write about hype.
- What exactly does hype mean?
- How the word hype can be misconstrued.
- What actually influences people.
- Is knowing how to influence people a bad thing?
- Are we all being jerked around by hype?
- What does blood pressure have to do with hype?
- Some strategies and pitfalls of hype.
- Why hype makes our lives more interesting.
- How hype helps artfulness.
- How science is being used to create hype.
- What picking a fight to create hype means.
- When hype is used for bad purposes.
- Why it is so important for you to be aware of hype.
- Why the people who are good at hype are running the world right now.
- Why some nefarious and ill-intentioned people use hype so well.
- How pick-up artists use hype to their advantage.
- What spotting hype does for you.
- How you can transform the world for the better through hype.
- Understanding how our brains are actually designed.
- The mental shortcuts we survive on.
- Why we should question some of our assumptions in life.
- How hype is used by Myers-Briggs enthusiasts.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…