Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about what to do when your ideas and worldview actually win.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Is winning gracefully a skill many people lack?
- When winning poorly goes beyond just gloating.
- Why couldn’t Joel handle it when someone conceded in an argument?
- The thing we might relish in a bit too much.
- What we often think winning means.
- What about losing?
- When being a poor loser sets in.
- The 2 best things about losing.
- Why losing gracefully builds you up.
- How our modern world simulates high stakes.
- What is happening to our ego when we lose.
- Our challenges of being a poor winner or loser.
- What winning or losing poorly is stripping us of.
- The beauty of the DIKW model. (Check out our podcast on the model: Podcast – Ep 165 – Fake News, Alternate Facts, And DIKW)
- Why people aren’t even expecting to win anymore…and the thing they’re doing instead.
- When politics turned away from solving issues.
- Where we are now in the Graves model. (See more on this model here: Personality Hacker Podcast – Ep 0022 – Graves Model)
- When seeking dominance dictates our winning behaviors.
- Are we now any different than our human history?
- Why we need to find better ways to win.
- This dangerous thing people are expecting of others.
- How do we change how humans handle winning?
- What competition means to the human experience.
- The huge things we are missing out on.
- How this study on rats explains so much.
- What are we doing with our ideological battles?
- When we think we are winning, but aren’t really.
- Joel’s struggles to have his ideology “win”.
- The role tension plays in battles.
- How the intrinsic lessons of life affect how we win.
- What is the thing that makes every human in existence already a winner?
- The other thing that means we each end up losing.
- Why having enough wins in life is so vital.
- When there are different kinds of wins.
- 2 experiences that affect how we are as winners.
- Ways morals and identity get intertwined with winning.
- When Cognitive Distortion Quadrant Thinking sets in.
- Why what Robin Williams said about competition is so right.
- What we are overidentifying with.
- Taking how we win to the next level.
- What we can wish for our opponents.
- Why doing these 3 things when you win makes all the difference.
- The hostile choice we can stop making.
- Why the interplay between winning and losing is so crucial…and how we actually grow through it.
- The self-assessment that helps you grow.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…