Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia conclude a 2-part series about respecting your 10-year-old cognitive function (technically called the tertiary function). In this episode, they cover the four perceiving functions.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Check out our previous episode about respecting our 10-Yr-Old judging function.
- Viewing respecting your 10-Yr-Old perceiving function as a way to access wisdom
- Understanding the value of information through the DIKW model
- Check out our previous podcast where we apply this model to a discussion topic
- How information progresses in value through the 4 stages of the model
- Reframing respect for your 10-Yr-Old function as understanding the wisdom of its purpose, instead of conscious skill development alone.
- How to build a respectful relationship with your 10-Yr-Old perceiving function:
- Perspectives (Ni) – ISxPs:
- What is the purpose of Ni?
- The pitfalls of projection – when ISxPs overvalue their inner world
- Using Se to shorten the timeline
- Exploration (Ne) – ESxJs:
- What can Ne teach us about new experiences?
- What happens when you fall into “the novelty trap”?
- The benefit of slowing down as an ESxJ
- Sensation (Se) – ENxJs:
- What does it really mean to be present?
- How Se can create a perpetual-activity cycle in ENxJs
- The wisdom in slowing down to enrich your Ni
- A side note on leveraging the relationship between your 10-Yr-Old and Co-pilot to gain true knowledge and wisdom.
- Memory (Si) – INxPs:
- Si’s purpose in honoring “what has come before”
- The identity issues that can emerge from being stuck in the past as an INxP
- How does Si serve Ne when you push yourself outside of your comfort zone?
- “What supports you crosses you, and what crosses you supports you” – final thoughts on gaining knowledge and wisdom through marrying the two sides of your perceiving polarity.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…