Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia have a free-form intuitive conversation about the paradox of personality types and cognitive functions.
Our Profiler Training Program is now open for enrollment!
Apply now to join our newest Profiler Training class at profilertraining.com/apply
In this podcast you’ll find:
- What is a paradox in the context of personality type?
- The concept of paradoxical thinking.
- How do paradoxes typically show up in the cognitive functions?
- Some paradoxes that Joel and Antonia hold.
- Why do introverted functions seem to be better at holding paradoxes?
- How the introverted and extraverted functions inform each other.
- Diving into each of the cognitive functions and the paradoxes they can hold – check out the Car Model to find your functions
- The introverted functions:
- xxTPs – Accuracy (Ti):
- The paradox of contradictory logic or thought
- xxFPs – Authenticity (Fi):
- Paradoxes within “cocktails of emotions”
- Why the introverted judging functions don’t have a need for reconciliation in the same way the extraverted judging functions do
- xSxJs – Memory (Si):
- The paradox being shaped by both your environment and your unique impressions
- How can this help someone accept past trauma?
- xNxJs – Perspectives (Ni):
- The paradoxical nature of holding different perspectives
- The paradox of making a simulation become a reality
- Why are our introverted functions reluctant to let go of paradoxical thinking?
- The Introvert movement – how this shows us that all personality types can benefit from paradoxical thinking.
- How do the extraverted functions differ in their relationship with paradoxes?
- More about Accuracy (Ti) and Authenticity (Fi) and the benefits they bring through holding paradoxes.
- Why the decision a person executes doesn’t always reflect the paradoxical views they hold beneath the surface.
- A personal example from Antonia
- The extraverted functions:
- xxFJs – Harmony (Fe):
- Setting up systems to meet multiple needs
- xxTJs – Effectiveness (Te):
- Reconciling conflicting goals and outcomes
- xSxPs – Sensation (Se):
- How does Se manage to be both part of and separate to its environment?
- xNxPs – Exploration (Ne):
- How can Ne have endless possibilities but end up with none?
- Looking at the cognitive function polarities as paradoxical opposites:
- Harmony (Fe) and Accuracy (Ti):
- Fe and recognizing the need for truths
- Ti and “using honey not vinegar”
- Effectiveness (Te) and Authenticity (Fi):
- How do you accommodate individuality within a complex system?
- Sensation (Se) and Perspectives (Ni):
- How can Se benefit from insight?
- The benefit of taking action for Ni
- Exploration (Ne) and Memory (Si):
- How can Ne help Si past rumination?
- How can Ne gain wisdom from Si?
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…