Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia record a fourth installment of a podcast series started several years ago – talking about how to deal with your relationship with your parents.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Listen to part 3 in this series to hear the story behind Antonia’s recent trip to visit her father in Oregon.
- Check out part 1 and part 2 in this series to learn more about Antonia’s story.
- How was the trip for Antonia – and how is her father doing?
- Antonia analyzes her emotional state during and after the trip through the lens of her cognitive functions.
- What has Antonia been doing to help process the experience and the emotions that have been coming up for her?
- Thoughts on developing maturity around feeling the need to manage people’s perceptions or misconceptions about you.
- Joel talks about his experience with letting go of this.
- How we are all “smuggling” things relating to the challenges in our lives.
- Image management – looking at Quentin Tarantino as an example of someone who doesn’t fall into this behavior.
- What does it mean to reclaim the sovereignty you lack due to your upbringing?
- The importance of self care when doing this work.
- Projecting your ideologies onto the outside world – what’s the consequence of falling into this trap?
- What does it mean to truly own your behavior in a situation like Antonia’s?
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…