Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about the power of making decisions using the system of your own unique personality type.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- How does the system of our Myers-Briggs® personality type work together to help us make our decisions?
- Can knowing our type help us make better decisions? The power of models, maps and tools
- Example – an ENTJ and a box of cookies
- What does a systems thinking approach to decision making look like?
- Why decision making is difficult in a post-modern world.
- How an ENTJ and an INTP can use their cognitive functions to decide whether or not to buy the box of cookies.
- Understanding your backseat functions – what to do if the decision is coming from your 10 Year Old or 3 Year Old function.
- Coaching others to help them make better decisions for themselves
- What are the two different roles the Perceiving and the Judging functions play in decision making?
- Why is it harder for Perceivers to make decisions?
- How introverted and extraverted judging functions differ in coming to decisive action.
- The importance of “experiencing” as a Perceiver
- How can understanding the nature of our functions help with decision making?:
- Memory (Si) and Perspectives (Ni) – how their infinite nature can trick us
- Accuracy (Ti) and Authenticity (Fi) – why they can never come to a satisfying conclusion
- Exploration (Ne) and Sensation (Se) – why do they need to explore?
- Harmony (Fe) and Effectiveness (Te) – the downside of making quick decisions
- Activity – use the Car Model to answer question: “should I buy a pack of cookies?”
- Each function has a different relationship with consuming cookies.
- Self awareness when it comes to your back-seat functions and making decisions.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…