Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode Joel and Antonia talk about five ways to build skill around your intuition which will result in trusting it more.
In this podcast on trusting your intuition you’ll find:
As an intuitive how do you know when you can trust your intuition?
Being able to trust our natural wiring is a big deal.
Sensors don’t make speculative leaps like Intuitives. They look for the reliable and verifiable. But Intuitives don’t have that same wiring. Intuitives can’t seek reliable info. So when are you supposed to trust their wiring?
The way the Intuitive mind learns information is by looking for patterns and speculating on what is behind the curtain. Making connections between disparate things.
Cost of specialization is that when we focus on particular things we don’t pay attention to other things, so we end up being highly specialized in one arena.
Things that are natural talents require effort to become a skill. They have to be tools that we practice with, which means there will be failures.
If you have been Intuitive all your life but you have been in a Sensor world you may not have practiced your intuition process. Such Intuitives may blend with the world instead of exercising their strengths. This allows their Intuition to atrophy.
All of us have Sensor and Intuitive processes within us.
Sensors get intuitive hunches and when they go with them they may find as many failures as successes, so they may give the message that trusting intuition is a bad idea. Whereas an Intuitive would have better results when trusting their intuition. But they may listen to the world’s message that intuition can’t be trusted. Especially if it has failed them in the past. Nothing is 100% accurate.
Create a discipline around Intuition.
5 techniques that will help increase trust in Intuition:
Gather a lot of info about whatever it is you are attempting to make speculative leaps on.
Behind the curtain thinking comes from picking up clues by observing what is in front of curtain. See the evidence presented, combine ideas, and take it to the next level.
- Some Intuitive types are more likely to collect as much info as possible, such as Ni drivers (INTJ/INFJ). They will often hesitate to use their N because they never think they have enough info.
- Ne users are more likely to just go with the gut. We recommend doing a bit more research.
- Caution: Be careful of Intuitive leaps if there is no info to back them up.
- Behind the curtain thinking comes from picking up clues by observing what is in front of curtain. See the evidence presented, combine ideas, and take it to the next level.
Watch for your own Cognitive Biases – preconceived notions about how things work.
- Biases around people, things, ways of thinking, world views, etc.
- These can hijack our speculative leaps because we are looking for confirmation of our biases.
2 different major biases:
- Wishful thinking, and
- Fear – Types that want to keep doing research and not get into action are usually operating from a fear bias.
- When we are wanting to believe something and we need something abstract to support us we have a tendency to exploit our Intuition.
- Allowing it to support a stance we already have, which can be:
- “My Intuition is telling me to NOT act when I should,” or
- “My Intuition is telling me to act when I’m not ready to.”
- As long as you recognize your biases, you can avoid it when it comes up.
Track your progress
- Record in a diary when you get it right or when you get it wrong.
- Build up a catalog of data you can reference to gain a better perspective of your batting averages.
- Did this data work out? Why or why not?
- What can I do differently next time?
- What can I duplicate for similar results?
Seek more opportunities to implement this entire process
- With this system you are going to see your Intuition become a stronger and stronger skill.
Ni users (INTJ, INFJ, ENFJ, ENTJ) are not going to want to force issues but desire the ability to germinate over ideas. Some of their solutions come to them in dreams, or while waking or falling asleep, when their unconscious mind is not distracted.
Ne users (ENTP, ENFP, INTP, INFP) get their ideas during green light conversations. Idea germinating. Cross pollinating.
It is importunate to build the skill of Intuition and not devalue it. This is going to be one of the most important skills we use as we scramble to keep up with the newest technology,which was created from Intuition.
Buckminster Fuller – Cosmic fishing. Throw out a line and see what you get. Then don’t ignore it!
We want to empower Intuitives, and bring about an Intuitive Awakening. We want to see people use their intuition to solve the world’s challenges.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…