Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk with guest host Susan Storm about moving beyond your personality stereotypes to express a more healthy version of yourself.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Join us with guest host Susan Storm of Psychology Junkie.
- Joel shares an example of a stereotypical situation he had with some other ENFPs.
- Why type stereotypes, and projection with ourselves and each other which are unhelpful for growth.
- Susan shares about unhealthy projection onto INFJs in type communities.
- Every type is judged based on a person’s previous experience with that type.
- We lean on our own type as a crutch.
- Susan shares some of her personal experiences.
- When is a problem related to your personality type versus a personal issue?
How stress, grip reactions, mental illness, anxiety & trauma can cause unhealthy behaviour within a type.
- They won’t look like their type
- Being coddled within type preferences – one sidedness
More about healthy versus unhealthy behaviours:
- Trauma and stress are unhealthy – we need to heal
- Healthy – tapping into and respecting your functions
- Not doing anything is unhealthy – no self-esteem
- Timeline of healthy type development as we age
- How to develop the other side of your car model? (e.g. ENFPs and Si)
- Recognizing trauma versus maturity
How can you apply this to your life?
- When you should or shouldn’t give yourself a pass
- Knowing “this behaviour isn’t me”
- Avoid projection onto others
How can we avoid projection onto others?
- Knowledge of what healthy and unhealthy looks like
- What to do when you have a problem with a certain type? Overcoming negative type-associations: a fun exercise recommendation
- Are your feelings getting in the way of determining someone’s type?
- You can find Susan at psychologyjunkie.com
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…