Download Episode Here – right click link and select Save link as…
PHQ | QUESTIONS FROM COMMUNITY: In this episode Joel and Antonia answer a question from a listener about how to find a coach or mentor for personal growth.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Three categories of mentors:
- Asynchronous – coaches that come from materials and books you read. They might be dead, but they have written great books, recorded great info. Tony Robbins and Richard Branson have created a lot of excellent materials.
- Informal Coach – Someone in your environment that you want to emulate. You can reach out to these people in an observational way or a Q&A format. Watch what they do then ask them how they do it.
- Formal Coach/Mentor – you hire these people and work with them to solve specific problems.
- Identify someone who is at a place you want to be and enter into a formal arrangement with them.
- If you want to start an online business, don’t find someone who teaches online business, find someone who has actually done it.
- If you think in these terms, there is no end of coaches and mentors you can access in the world around you.
- If you are looking for a mentor see if you can identify a challenge they are experiencing then solve it for them.
- Reach out and share your solution and develop a relationship with them.
- If a person is where you want to be at, they were at your place at one time.
- Get very clear on what you want. What is the outcome you desire?
- The more specific you are, the better able you can identify the coach the need.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…