Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia begin a 2-part series about respecting your 10-year-old cognitive function (technically called the tertiary function). In this episode they cover the four judging functions.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- The challenge of having a real and true relationship with your 10-Yr-Old cognitive function.
- Check out our article on The Car Model to identify your 10-Yr-Old function.
- Why should we question the relationship with our 10-Yr-Old?:
- Why the 10-Yr-Old shows up as our “loudest” function
- What makes this message hard to swallow?
- Existing on the cusp of maturity – the idea of unlocking the unique potential within this function
- What does it mean to “respect” a cognitive function?
- Building a respectful relationship with your 10-Yr-Old, based on the virtues of the function:
- Effectiveness (Te) – ExFPs:
- The risk of disrespecting resources through doing too much
- Getting caught in the ‘hamster-wheel’ trap
- The virtue in slowing down as an ExFP
- Accuracy (Ti) – IxFJs:
- The pitfalls that come from your internal rationalizations
- Why criticism prevents you from getting needs met
- Developing respect for truths as an IxFJ
- Authenticity (Fi) – IxTJs:
- How Fi can be self indulgent as a 10-Yr-Old function
- Checking your relationship with “conviction” as an IxTJ
- What does it mean to truly honor the virtues of Fi through introspective work?
- Harmony (Fe) – ExTPs:
- What can Fe teach ExTPs about the virtue of connection?
- The trap of relying on charisma to manage relationships
- The benefit you gain as an ExTP from recognizing Fe as a “two-way street”
- The overreaching nature of the 10-Yr-Old – how each judging function overextends and believes it can dig itself out.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…