Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
PHQ | QUESTIONS FROM COMMUNITY: In this episode, Joel and Antonia answer a question about shadow personality types.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Shadow typing, what is it and why is there no consistent definition of what it means?
- The word “shadow” is used in multiple different contexts leading to confusion:
- Reference the four cognitive functions that aren’t in your cognitive function stack.
- Reference the two cognitive functions in the back of the car in the Car Model.
- Reference to the shadow type which is the reverse of your type (ENTP-ISFP) within Beebe’s model.
- Can be used in so many different ways, but the term “shadow” is generally used to reference the part of the individual that is in the shadows, forgotten.
- Within the differing ways to reference the parts of the individual in the “shadow,” there are useful tools to look inward and to see more clearly.
- What are the non-obvious parts of you that influence you and how you show up to the world?
- Antonia avoids the word “shadow” because it can be ambiguous.
- Useful references on the “grip” experience for each type:
- Personality Hacker does address the issues that being in the “grip” or in your “shadow” can cause and chooses to frame the content around the highest leverage ways to be in the genius of your type for personal development.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…