Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about overcoming the fantasy of perfectionism.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- What is perfectionism and how does it differ from or relate to idealism?
- Two resources Antonia reviewed on perfectionism:
- Two definitions of perfectionism
- A basic definition
- A modern definition
- Joel – an example of adaptive perfectionism
- There can be good perfectionism – what are some of the signs of this?
- Perfectionism to pass societies standards – how maladaptive perfectionism plays into this and relates back to the self.
- The 1st sign of perfectionism – “all or nothing” thinking
- Markers of maladaptive perfectionism and ideas for overcoming it.
- The 2nd sign of perfectionism – being highly critical
- When is this justified or not?
- The concept of conditional acceptance – and how this affects competence
- The 3rd sign of perfectionism – being pushed by fear
- Unhealthy versus unhealthy motivation
- The 4th sign of perfectionism – unrealistic standards
- Some thoughts on personality type and their relationship with internal metrics
- The 5th sign of perfectionism – focusing on results
- How do you know if it’s healthy or unhealthy?
- The 6th sign of perfectionism – fear of failure
- Some thoughts on using feedback to build self-esteem
- When adaptive and maladaptive perfectionism look similar – how can you tell the difference? Some questions to ask yourself.
- Perfectionism with an outer world focus
- Joel – 3 ideas to overcome this
- Antonia – some questions to ask yourself
- The ego and control – awareness of these when dealing with perfectionism
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…