Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this 400th episode, Joel and Antonia talk about the benefits of intentionally working with archetype energies to draw out your shadow and create personal growth results in your life.
Join Us For 2 Live & In-Person Events (Autumn 2021)
You are invited to join us live for one of our Autumn 2021 live events in either Austin, Texas (Sept 25) or Portland, Oregon (Oct 2).
We would love for you to join us in person.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Joel and Antonia are celebrating their 400th podcast episode – how does it feel as the podcast reaches its 8th year?
- What’s it like listening to yourself talk on a podcast you recorded several years ago?
- What are the positive and negative aspects to having your thoughts and experiences recorded?
- What are Joel and Antonia’s current goals and focus areas for the podcast?
- Working with archetypes – Antonia talks about her journey in moving from a knowledge-based understanding to an experiential and embodied knowing of Carl Jung’s work.
- Why getting your head around archetypes and undertaking archetypal growth work can be challenging.
- How archetypal energies lie inside of us and show up in our lives – Joel shares his thoughts on this as a father.
- Thinking of archetypes as psycho-spiritual tools.
- Exploring Jung’s concepts of the ego, the shadow and the role of the persona.
- Why integrating the ego and shadow is so important.
- Spiritual bankruptcy in society and how groups can “market” us into believing we don’t need to do shadow work.
- The role religion has played in addressing the shadow.
- What does it mean to do shadow work? Looking at The Senex or witch in John Beebe’s 8 function model as an example. Check out Episode 0396 for an overview of his model.
- What are the different things that can happen if we don’t acknowledge and work to integrate our shadow?
- The role of psycho-spiritual tools as a way of tapping into “wholeness”.
- The possibilities that unfold as you embark on your growth journey – using a ship leaving the harbor as a metaphor.
- Some final thoughts and reflections from Joel and Antonia on their podcast growth journey.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…