Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about the book “The Tools” and discuss the third tool: Inner Authority.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Priming exercise: recall experience of insecurity, self-consciousness (e.g. public speaking, meeting people).
- “The Tools” from Phil Stutz and Barry Michels
- Tool #3 – Inner Authority
- Higher Force: Self-Expression
- Universal experience of insecurity: being robbed of the ability to show up as yourself
- What robs you of your inner authority?
- Why we fear being judged, and how it connects to Carl Jung’s work
- Owning our shadow parts and releasing image control
- Cues that Inner Authority is the right tool:
- Performance Anxiety – present or ahead of time
- During an event – need to reconnect with inner authority
- Exercise Description: Inner Authority
- Pre-requisite: determining what shadow looks like – sample questions to help you
- How Inner Authority relates to Cognitive Functions and Flow
- The freedom to show others all of you and why it makes you relatable
- Balancing unity and individuality – connecting with others whilst keeping our own voice
- What we can learn from rock stars
- The benefits of self-expression: on knocking down our shells, becoming relatable and building TRUE intimacy
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…