Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia discuss one of the most commonly asked questions, “Is personality type related to ADHD?” by highlighting research, statistics, and numbers showing correlations between psychological types and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
STUDY REFERENCED: The relation between ADHD and Jungian psychological type : Commonality in Jungian psychological type preferences among students with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder / Charles Meisgeier, Mary Jo Poillion, and K. Haring
|Study Breakdown||Study Breakdown
|ENFP (17.44 %)||ENFP (23.53 %)|
|ESFP (13.95 %)||ESFJ (17.65 %)|
|ESFJ (12.79 %)||ESFP (14.71 %)|
|ISFP (9.30 %)||INFP (11.76 %)|
|INFP (6.98 %)||ISFP (11.76 %)|
|ENFJ (6.98 %)||ENFJ (8.82 %)|
|ISTP (5.81 %)||INFJ (5.88 %)|
|ISFJ (4.65 %)||ISFJ (2.94 %)|
|ESTJ (4.65 %)||INTP (2.94 %)|
|ESTP (4.65 %)||ENTJ (0.0 %)|
|INFJ (3.49 %)||INTJ (0.0 %)|
|ISTJ (3.49 %)||ESTJ (0.0 %)|
|INTP (2.33 %)||ISTJ (0.0 %)|
|ENTJ (1.16 %)||ISTP (0.0 %)|
|INTJ (1.16 %)||ESTP (0.0 %)|
|ENTP (1.16 %)||ENTP (0.0 %)|
Studies referred to in comments (added to over time):
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Is there a correlation between ADHD or ADD and personality types?
- Are there enough studies for this topic?
- What the MILO database system has to offer.
- The study on the relationship between ADHD, ADD and personality type.
- What does the DSM-5 say about ADHD and ADD?
- Which types are most likely to have ADHD?
- Why are Joel and Antonia surprised by which type is highest on the list?
- The big spread Joel and Antonia’s types have from each other.
- Why did all the Introverted Feeling (xxFP) types and 2 Extroverted Feeling (xxFEJ) types land high on the list?
- Why are the NT (xNTx) types grouped together?
- What cognitive functions and David Kiersey’s type temperaments have to do with the results.
- Which types are most likely to have ADD?
- The drastic split between Feelers and Thinkers.
- Is there a divide with Sensors and Intuitives?
- Why a large group of types report 0% ADD.
- Which types correlate with the ADHD list?
- Does Extraverted Exploration (Ne – Exploration) have a role in ADHD or ADD?
- The surprise cognitive function that is most correlated with both ADHD and ADD.
- What is the other cognitive function landing high on the list?
- How the cognitive function positions in the car model matter here.
- Why IxTPs are outliers in the study.
- The effects of learning environments:
- Do some people have ADHD or ADD or just a different learning style?
- Real struggles people experience with their learning environments.
- Article by Daniel Foster on educational environments and type needs.
- What are the challenges in discovering type preferences in children?
- How can we tell if behavior is from type needs not being met vs ADHD and ADD?
- Why we need to use these findings to support children better.
- The imperative changes we need to make for types high on the list:
- Giving FPs (xxFPs) what they absolutely need.
- Allowing SPs (xSxPs) to be as they are.
- Letting Extraverted Feeling (Fe – Harmony) Dominants thrive in their way.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…