Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about the book “The Tools” and discuss the fourth tool: The Grateful Flow.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Priming exercise: recall a negative thought or feeling you’ve experienced recently.
- “The Tools” from Phil Stutz and Barry Michels
- Tool #4 – The Grateful Flow
- Higher Force: Gratefulness
- Used to combat: dark cloud of negativity and our obsessive relationship with negative emotions (e.g. anxiety, judgment, self-hatred, negativity, overwhelm)
- Parallel with Active Love
- The challenge: negative emotions are way more gripping.
- “Positive emotions are like a refined meal and negative emotions are like fast food.”
- Gratitude as the antidote
- The concept of Flow – Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Why do we engage in negativity and what are the costs?
- How the Grateful Flow can give us endless energy
- When to use this tool?
- Responsively, in the moment
- Proactively, throughout our days
- An element of faith – our connection to the Source
- How do use this tool if you do/do not believe in a higher power?
- The Universe as a friendly or hostile place
- Exercise Description – The Grateful Flow (30 seconds)
- A new perception: your relationship with everything around
- Gratitude as the “art of becoming a good receiver”
- The power of attention: the practice amplifying the little moments – Amy Lalla – INFJ/INFP Program
- Gratitude as a cure to cut through nihilism, cynicism, negativity
- Giving up control and the possibility of being controlled
- 4 major benefits of gratitude:
- Lasting peace of mind.
- Overcoming feelings of lack, whilst staying motivated to do things.
- Sense of perspective and the possibility to ‘pay it forward’.
- The ability to accept success (and deal with failure).
- Gratitude has the power to free from:
- Regrets from the past.
- Judgment of others.
- Starting small.
- A note on personal shares and some context on how Joel and Antonia approach these.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…