Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia begin a two-part series about integrating your cognitive functions. In this episode they discuss the perceiving functions and how to integrate the weak side of each in your personality.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Why do we prefer to talk about cognitive functions in terms of how they work in polarities?
- Check out our article on Car Model to learn about your functions and their polarity opposites.
- We can’t fully understand one function without understanding its opposite -why is this the case and how does this show up?
- An example of how this works.
- What is the key purpose of integrating functions?
- How can we integrate the polarity opposite of our Driver and Copilot?
- What happens if we don’t consciously work on integration?
- How to see the limitations of your backseat functions – even if you’ve developed skill there.
- What does it look like when we purposefully use our backseat functions to support our stronger functions?
- What happens if we don’t use them to support our strengths?
- How to integrate your weaker perceiving functions – and the difference in how they show up when they are integrated and unintegrated:
- xNxPs – integrating Memory (Si) to support Exploration (Ne)
- How Si helps you to learn your lessons with the gift of wisdom
- Why you need templates – the concept of “blank page syndrome”
- What happens if you don’t build on your past?
- How you can prevent bad habits
- xSxJs – integrating Exploration (Ne) to support Memory (Si):
- What’s the main purpose of Ne if you have Si in the front seat?
- How to move forward when there isn’t an existing template
- How can unintegrated Ne make you more closed off to new experiences?
- How integrated Ne benefits your past reflection
- xNxJs – integrating Sensation (Se) to support Perspectives (Ni):
- What happens to your Perspectives process if you don’t check in with reality?
- How integrated Se enhances your inner world
- What happens to your mind if you don’t look after your body?
- Thinking of your body as a part of you
- xSxPs – integrating Perspectives (Ni) to support Sensation (Se):
- Ni helps Se perform better in the moment- an example
- How unintegrated Ni can trick you into living in a fantasy world
- How lazy and avoidant behaviours can creep in
- What can you gain from using Ni to understand future implications?
- “Courage isn’t the opposite of fear” – how this idea fits into integrating the opposite polarity function.
- Remember – the same function may be integrated in some areas of your life, but not others.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…