Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia walk through the tension between personal responsibility and external burden as it relates to our personality.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Everyone is feeling some anxiety right now
- What can we do to mitigate stress?
- We have to take things seriously, but there is tension between pessimism and optimism.
- An understanding of history can help us put things into perspective.
- Spanish Influenza
- Great Depression
- Two World Wars
- We can make it through if we work together
- This virus is a disruptive technology
- Life may be different from here on out.
- How can we benefit as a collective?
- We are all in this together
- Black Box thinking: A system that works so effortlessly we have zero idea how any of it works.
- We don’t know how food is grown or how supplies get from one place to another
- The reason we can have black box thinking is because everything is done for us
- We are so spoiled we have become unreasonably picky about everything.
- When we face unsettling things, we can’t cope.
- We are terrified of suffering.
- Tribal Leadership podcast
- Tribal level four has a shared enemy
- A virus is as close to an alien invasion as we are ever likely to see
- This is an excellent time for us to cooperate on a global level and increase morale as a species.
- Robert Anton Wilson said conspiracy theories come from people whose third eye chakra is open and their heart chakra is shut.
- If you are an HSP, you need to get good at cord-cutting and shielding yourself from the energies of other people
- Cord-cutting podcast
- Younger generations have been battling with low self-esteem
- The further away we get from self-reliance and hand our survival to black boxes, the less we have proven to ourselves the capacity to survive.
- We get upset when the systems don’t serve us in the way we want.
- People want their discomfort solved by the rest of the world.
- If you hand your power over to nameless institutions, you undermine your self-esteem.
- Grow up and deal with your own emotional issues.
- We are undermining our sense of self by turning everything over to the systems.
- If supply chains are disrupted we are going to have to figure it out on our own.
- You can learn just about anything on Youtube.
- We can be thinking more independently
- We have outsourced a lot of things to other countries.
- Generational Theory
- The Fourth Turning: An American Prophecy – What the Cycles of History Tell Us About America’s Next Rendezvous with Destiny by William Strauss and Neil Howe
- The last war in the 4th turning was WWII, before that it was the American Civil War
- Podcast on Generational Theory
- The world is never the same after a 4th Turning.
- Pain happens in major transitions, and so does opportunity.
- “May you live in interesting times” is a curse, not a blessing.
- Remain calm and centered.
- These maps and models give us a sense of centeredness, which can help us feel secure.
- What is it that you’re actually concerned about?
- This is an opportunity to work on our ego.
- What am I preserving?
- Why are you freaking out about toilet paper?
- Survival mechanisms
- This is a great time to develop modesty.
- A lot of us feel unsafe right now.
- In Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, Safety & Security is in the basement.
- Deal with your feeling of insecurity as much as possible.
- Try to get in sync with your metronome.
- Take care of your physical health.
- Get good sleep.
- Eat good food.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Go for a walk in nature.
- Calm the anxiety down.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…