Download Episode Here – right click link and select “Save Link As…”
In this episode, Joel and Antonia talk about the book “The Tools” and discuss the fifth tool: Jeopardy & Willpower.
In this podcast you’ll find:
- Losing My Virginity Autobiography, Richard Branson
- Spark: “I still have life in me, I’m not going to give up”
- “The Tools” from Phil Stutz and Barry Michels
- Use this tool when: at a low point / want to relax, to find spark back and put you back in motion
- Tool #5 – Jeopardy
- Higher Force: Willpower
- How this tool is different than the other 4?
- “Rather than fully formed, we are more like TVs with faulty connections”
- The challenge of maintenance and why personal growth can feel like dishes that keep coming back
- Illustrating example: the challenge of staying fit
- 2 cues to use this tool:
- You need some ‘stick-to-it-ness’
- You feel demoralized / like giving up
- Exercise Description – Jeopardy
- How this tool works
- Using the passing of time to find clarity
- Find clarity: what is the theme YOU want your life to be about? Are you working on the right things or getting lost in ‘noble distractions?
- The sweet spot between agitated state when mortality hits you and homeostasis
- “When a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully.” Samuel Johnson
- The importance of maintenance vs control
- How this tool can also help with:
- Taking more risks / being bolder
- Overcoming indecisiveness
- Controlling and addictive behaviors
- Reasons why you should pick up The Tools from Phil Stutz and Barry Michels
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you like the podcast and want to help us out in return, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We would be eternally grateful!
Want to learn more?
Discover Your Personal Genius
We want to hear from you. Leave your comments below…